The Driving Hugo is a light, effervescent and refreshing mocktail that captures the essence of a Hugo cocktail but without the alcohol. This floral and fruity drink is a great choice for a non-alcoholic beverage to serve at your next party.
The Driving Hugo
- 3 oz elderflower cordial
- 5 oz zero proof sparkling wine or soda water
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Add ice cubes to a large wine glass or champagne flute.
- Pour in 3 oz (6 tbsp) of elderflower cordial, a sweet syrup made from elderflower blossoms. You can find elderflower cordial at most liquor stores or online.
- Top with 5 oz (10 tbsp) of zero proof sparkling wine. Look for dealcoholized wines that mimic the dry, bubbly flavor of champagne or prosecco. Alternatively, you can use plain soda water.
- Gently stir to combine elderflower cordial with sparkling wine.
- Garnish glass with mint sprig and lime wedge. The mint adds a light fresh aroma while the lime provides a nice citrusy accent.
- Serve immediately while cold. Enjoy sipping this non-alcoholic Hugo through festive straws.
The elderflower cordial imparts a delicately sweet, floral flavor that is balanced by the dry effervescence of the sparkling wine or soda water. For an adult version, simply swap in an equal amount of real champagne or prosecco.
Uplifting and elegant, the Driving Hugo mocktail provides all the festive flavors you crave in a Hugo cocktail without the alcohol, making it a refreshing, crowd-pleasing beverage for designated drivers and non-drinkers alike. Sip away guilt-free and keep your glass full of holiday cheer!